Monday 12 September 2011

Luang prabang









The town was cool, Lots of little shops and resteraunts scattered between several temples. A night market filled the main street every night and sold the usual market stuff along witha few bottles that were a little more interesting.
after ariving I got a room for 40,000 kip, then went out to eat korean food in a korean resteraunt with two koreans, a swis guy and a girl from the US who I shared a tuktuk with. Fried rice with a fried egg on top, same as I tend to eat everywhere else, but with some seaweed in it.Afterwards went for a walk to see some temples.In the evening met up with the US girl and the korean guy who were in the same guest house, went out to eat then drank lao lao untill about 1am on the roof eating authentic korean instant noodles.
The next day I rented a pedal bike and attempted to reach a waterfall that was 30k away. I only got about 15k before I gave up, It was hot, but it was mostly because the bike sucked. If I had a better bike I'm sure I could have done it. I got back to the main town and hired a tuck tuck to go back to the waterfall after i had a slow lunch.By chance saw the korean guy walk past and asked if he wanted to go too, he agreed to go and split the cost. The waterfall was huge and had many different steps, It was made cooler by the fact it was flooded and the water was flowing through the trees and picknick area. There was also a center that said it looked after auphined black bears.
Later in the evening more lao lao (50%) was consumed along with a couple of bottels of rice wine, the standard one and the black sticky rice wine (both 15%).

No comments:

Post a Comment