Thursday 22 September 2011

4000 islands (don khong)



got a bus from pakse at 8 in the morning for 50,000 kip to the port at the side of the river, then payed 15,000 for the boat over the river.While the island was big there was very little on it to do. I spent the afternoon walkingabout taking photos, which was entertaining enough, but It would get A little boring If I had to do that the next day too. Luckily I didnt need to worry about the next days entertainment as I spent the whole day recovering from the previous nights drinking. The previous nights drinking started because The Island was empty, there were several guest housesbut only about 5 tourists. Two of them (a young danish couple) were eating in the same place and just invited me over to drink, one drink lead to about 5 others and I became pretty drunk. At this point the resteraunt was closing but we heard noise in the distancewe went to check it out and it turned out to be a party for one of the locals, It looked like about half the islanders were there, about 30 large tables were set out with people drinking on each of them. It was fairly late in the evening and after a few seconds we were lead to a table and had more beer thrown infront of us, while this was what we were hoping for it probably wasnt much of a good thing. I missed the boat in the morning, which meant another whole day on the island. I managed to get the boat after the 2nd night on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment