Monday 12 September 2011

Full moon party

was good, but not great. It is probably worth going to if you are curious and youre already in the area. Its not worth traveling half way round the world (or even half the country) for.Ther are a few things to know about the full moon party. Firstly If you want to go you should book a hotel in advance. You will not find a room on Hadd rin beach if you arive on the day and you are verry unlikley to get a room in the main town either.I went to hadd rin first and the after seeing the masses of people walking the streets with flouresent vests and "buckets" I didnt even bother to ask if any of the hotels had room. I went straight back to the main town.The first two places were full and the third hotel had a free room. The sign above the entrance said 300 bhat per night, But I walked in and they asked for 1,500 bhat. I left and walked around for about another hour untill I found somewher in the outskirts for 400 bhat.Got a taxi to the beach for 100 bhat shared with about 6 other people.
The party was ok. The music ranged from drum and bass to chill out trance. It also had a rock tent in the corner.It is definatly a party for tourists as about 90% of partisipants were white skined (or very red with blisters).jumping through fire seemed to be the highlight of the entertainment, it started with some thai locals who were in charge of the fire, but then the tourists could join in. I burnt a hole in my shorts.

1 comment:

  1. "Goodness gracious, great balls of fire".

    ReplyDelete