Monday 12 September 2011

Chiang mai







Chiang mai old city it good. probably about 3/4 square kilometers with several temples within that area. Some of them were quite impressive.The temple on the hill is also good but not unique. The giant monk and the huge gong ar good but the location is the main attraction as you get a good view of chiang mai from the hillside.The hill palice is only really for the thai people (thai people love the king). There is nothing much to look at and the buildings are closed. The palice is fairly modern and is like a summer house for the king.Its probably still worth going to (but not in) if you have your own transport (bike/scooter) just for the journey. The road is relatively pothole free, smooth and great fun to ride up/down. There is also a really cool waterfall along the road hidden behind some trees.you cant see it from the road, but it is sign posted. I also took a trip (13k) to see a temple called sabatee (or something like that), I couldnt find it but saw some rice fields up close for the first time.
I also met, went out for food and got drunk with some french people (I had already met one of them in Bangkok), They critisised my choice of food and my cooking skills (I didnt even cook anything).

No comments:

Post a Comment