Sunday 9 October 2011

Laos to cambodia

I managed to get across the Laos cambodian boarder without having my bags checked and barely having my face looked at by a govorment official.The boarder crossing was as part of a coach full of tourists as we were all from the smaller island heading into various parts of cambodia on the same coach. we were given the forms to fill out on the bus before we got to the boarderto make the crossing as quick and easy as possible and we pretty much walked through the boarder without stopping. There was eaven a health check that involved taking a pice of paper from a guy that said you had passed the health check.You didnt need to look at the health checking guy, talk to him, sign anything or even stop walking, you just neeeded to take the pice of paper without falling over I guess. In reality I doubt the boarder security would want to deal with some sort of contagious desease, I expect they would rather just let everyone through and let it become someone elses problem.
The visa cost 31 dollars after lots of extra charges being added to the basic cost. For example It costs a dollar for them to stamp your pasport, two dollars for a photo if you dont have one (they scan your pasport), a two dollar charge if its a weekend (it was a sunday when I crossed over) and some other trivial crap that I cant remember. Technicaly I dont think theyre meant to add these extra charges but getting these charges removed would probably take more than a few minutes, when you have other people waiting in line behind you, you dont really feel like the hassle.
One other thing that I found amusing was that the same approach was given to a huge white guy that looked like he was from the Snatch/Lock stock and two smoking barells film. He casualy walked through the boarder with a suit, a briefcase, about 6 heavy duty gold rings on his fingers and a shaved head with very clear and fairly brutal scars all over his head.If I were trying to get an actor to play the role of a sketchy arms/drug/??? dealer in a film I would want them to look like this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment