Saturday 22 October 2011

Hue









I blasted through hue because the sand timer was starting to fill my mind. I arived at 6am, stayed one night and left at 5pm the next day. Hue probably had the most stuff to see out of everywhere i had been so far but i spent the least time there. I still probably spent enough time to see the main attractions though. It was the old capital of Vietnam and had a huge fortress palice thing. there were also several elaborate tombs around the area that varied in age. at a glance they wouldnt look completely out of place at siem reap with the ankgor temples, but dispite how they looked some of them were fairly new. one of them was only 90 years old.

I also found a supermarket. This was good to see how different real vietnamise prices were compared to foods with a tourist tax. Luxury items like nutella were still hella expencive (about 3 pounds) but you could get a good sized stick of french bread for about 20p.

No comments:

Post a Comment