Tuesday 9 August 2011

Puket patong Fantasea (30th july)







Slept untill about 11 and stayed in bed until 2. My feet were in pure pain due to too much walking over the last few days. While I had spent most of the last two days at the beach i spent it walking up and down the coast and exploring rather than sitting in the same spot and swimming for 4-5 hoursMy feet were in pain all night and it was actualy affecting my sleep. I found myself waking up in the night with the feeling of being hit in the foot by a hammer. so i'm going to attempt to walk as little as possible over the next few days.
but I couldnt sit in the hotel all day. There was almost nothing interestingh in kathu and i didnt feel like making the effort of going to karon beach via phuket town.I went to patong again and sat on the beach. I also found an awesome food court in the bottom level of (what i think is) the main shopping center in patong. It had a range of thai food cooked just like on the street slalls but with huge variety. The option of over 100 diferent thai dishes for under 100 bhat. I had fried rice with beef, peppers, oyster sauce and a fried egg. fairly basic compared to other things on offer but still very nice. While it still cost more than the real street food It was still much cheaper and probably at least the same standard as the resteraunts above at street level. It was alo far nicer than anything you can get at the chinese takeaway near me back home.


In the evening I went to the puket FantaSea show. It was pricey at 1500 bhat, but it included transport to and from the hotel. It was well presented and the entrance to the stage was impressive with an angor wat style design. the show was good, and featured many many elephants and various other animals running and flying across the stage and over the crowd. However I found the fairy lights on the lead actors jacket to be very underwhelming and out of place compared to the rest of the show. It was such a small part of the experience but i found it so fucking annoying. I wanted to go down and slap the lead prop guy over the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment