Saturday 26 November 2011

Souzhou







Souzhou is a "water town" Its not vennice but it does have a number of old streets and bridges over water. Most of them are lined with coffee and tea shops and only a couple of places to eat. The water area is only a small part though. If you walk over to the west side of the inner part of the city it turns into a shopping area roughly resembeling Las Veagas. Huge flashing signs everywhere and high end shops, fast food resteraunts and other stuff all allong it.
I stayed there for three nights, I arived in the afternoon without a reservation, the bus droped everyone off outside the center of town so i didnt know where I was (Later that day I learnt that many of the inner cityroads were being rebuilt so the trafic in the city was bad, the locals probably knew this but nobody could tell me what was happening in english so I just had to deal with it).
I found one of the hostels I had noted on my map but they were full, I walked to a second one that i found by chance and they were full other than one dorm bed. I only wanted a dorm bed so that was cool, But they only had it for one night.I tooke the room anyway and later found another place for the next two nights. The temples and the gardens around the area were good, but not as interesting as anything in Hangzhou. One of the gardens was Labled as the fourth most beutifull garden in China, but I wasnt that impressed. It was nice, but nothing special. It might have ben better if ther werent 100 other people looking at the gardxen at the same time. There was also a cool tower in the style of the two in the lake at Guilin.

No comments:

Post a Comment