Saturday 25 June 2011

An Introduction

My flights are booked, my bags... aren’t packed (but that will be done shortly) and I’m about to be heading off to Thailand In a couple of weeks. I will be arriving in Bangkok on the 14th of July to meet my dad for one and a half days before he heads back home. This brief amount of time is all that I have to find my feet before I am left to my own initiative. Though that’s not completely true, My dad has a friend who lives in Thailand that he has known since he was very young (possibly since about 8 years old?) and he has been kind enough to give me one of the rooms in a Bangkok apartment block that he owns. However, I do intend to explore Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and possibly Hong Kong on my own for the majority of the time In a more typical “Backpacking” manor.


This is the first time I have been to this part of the world and I am fairly unsure of what to expect. I have seen photos of tourist attractions, various types of strange and wonderful foods and the chaotic traffic system, but I don’t have any understanding of what its like to live there other than what I can infer from those images. In three months time I hope this will have changed.

Anyway... before I get ahead of myself I will inform you a little of my current situation. I am a 22 year old Caucasian male who has recently finished a degree in computer science (I only got my results a few days ago). I am making this trip because I am not currently tied down by a job or a mortgage and I have some money at my disposal. I figured that the only real opportunity to travel the world is while you are young and free from obligations so I should do it now while I have the chance. I also Intend to spend a year In Australia with a tourist working permit when I get back from Asia, but that Is for another blog I think.


Brap

PS: I know the way I'm writing this sounds cheesy as fuck.


1 comment:

  1. I'm lovin' it...... don't slow down......we want more!!

    ReplyDelete